Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Volvo
- Model: Sail Drive M5
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Hours: 100
Total Power: 55
Cruising Speed: 8
Max Speed: 9
Fresh Water: 106
The Dufour 44 Performance model was designed by Umberto Felci to be a fast, stiff cruiser racer. The quality construction meets the CE safety requirements for class A boats and the hull and structure are also certified by Bureau Veritas. The Dufour 44 offers excellent performance on all points of sail, and a very comfortable interior arrangement. The quality construction utilizes modern building techniques to create a strong, safe design.
The bright open interior has light colored salon cushions, Moabi mahogany bulkheads and sole. There are 6 opening deck hatches and 6 opening ports. Two guest cabins offer large quarter berths and both have ample hanging lockers and drawers for storage. The starboard cabin has a private entrance into the guest/day-head, which features a stall shower. The port cabin is just aft of the galley.
The L shaped galley is well laid out and features synthetic stone countertops, 4 burner stove, 12 volt refrigeration and plenty of stowage. The galley has a partial glass divider that faces the salon, which is located amidships. The salon has a u-shaped settee to port that surrounds the well-finished folding leaf table. On the starboard side of the salon there is a straight settee just forward of the navigation center, which is equipped with Raymarine electronics. There is storage space under and behind the settee. The navigation station has a bookshelf, an opening desktop and storage under the seat. The electrical panel and breakers are also in this area.
Forward of the salon is the master cabin that features a centerline queen berth and an ensuite head with a stall shower. There is a hanging locker and multiple cabinets for storage. There is also a large storage area located under the berth.
Additional interior features are:
- Ultra Suede salon cushions
- Hatch screens
- Roller hatch blinds
- Convertible salon table
- Moabi interior
- Moabi laminated interior sole
- 6 opening hatches
- 6 opening ports
- 4 burner propane stove
- Ambient floor lighting throughout
Dufour yachts are built to high standards, and the 44 is a very good example. The lighter displacement performance cruising Dufour series are built with hand laminated GRP hull laminate with vacuum bagged PVC foam core sandwich above the water line. The fiberglass deck is also cored and constructed by using vacuum bagged core construction. Teak decks, cockpit seats and cockpit are included in the limited addition Arpege package along with the hull and deck options. The sugar scoop transom makes swimming from the boat easy. The transom also opens to house the liferaft.
- NPG Gelcoat with first layer of cloth impregnated with NPG resin, forming an optimum barrier against osmosis
- Inner molded hull bottom
- Structural framing laminated to the hull
- Navy blue decorative stripes on hull and coach roof.
- Provision for ducting (heating or air conditioning).
- Deck in PVC foam core sandwich, molded by injection process (resin transfer molding) for significant weight saving & excellent interior finish.
- Semi-elliptical rudder, filled with closed cell epoxy foam.
- Stainless steel solid stock rudder post on self-aligning bearings
- Leather covered oversized steering wheel.
- Polished deck hatches
- Stainless doorstep protection
- Teak decks
- Teak cockpit seats and floors
- Stainless bow protector
- Double anchor roller
- Removable cockpit table
- Cockpit shower with hot and cold water
- Electrical windlass (12 Volt)
This new Dufour is complete with a suite of modern Raymarine electronics. The instruments are at the navigation station with necassary repeaters at the helm. The interior layout gives the pilot easy unobstructed access to the nav station.
- Raymarine Auto Pilot 6001+
- Raymarine GPS Color Chart Plotter
- Raymarine ST60 LOG/Speed/Depth
- Raymarine ST60 Double Repeater at helm.
The Dufour 44 electrical system has appropriate 110 volt and 12 volt breakers. She has 110 volt shore power and has AC outlets in each cabin as well as an outlet in the galley and nav station. House batteries supply 12 volt DC power to all of the lighting, CD/Radio which has speakers in the salon and the cockpit, the water system and navigation equipment. There is a 12 volt DC outlet in the cockpit for hand held instruments. The batteries are charged by the 110 volt AC charger or by the engine alternator. All electrical sytems are controlled at the navigation station where 16 function backlit breaker panel is located.
- 12 volt DC and 110 volt AC system
- 16 Function backlit breaker panel and 110 volt panel
- 110 volt shore power
- Battery charger
- 110 volt outlets
- 12 volt outlet in cockpit
- CD/Radio with cockpit and salon speakers
- Ambient lighting for salon floor
- Overhead cabin lighting
- Reading lights in salon and sleeping cabins
- Deck lights
- Navigation lights
- 110 volt hot water heater
- 120 amp alternator
- 110 volt circuit breaker for shore power
- 12 volt refrigeration
- 12 volt bilge pump
- Shore power cord
This Umberto Felci design is very easily driven through the water whether under sail or under power. 8 knots powering speed is available with the Volvo 55 diesel under power alone. The fixed three bladed propeller mounted on a sail drive reduces vibration under power and gives the pilot predictable speeds at all RPM's. The sail drive, because of its placement behind the keel, does not create the drag of a standard prop with exposed shaft and strut.
- Volvo 55 HP (approx 130 hrs)
- 3 bladed prop, folding
- Volvo M5 sail drive
The Performance Dufour 44 has a 9/10 rig, a keel stepped anodized aluminum mast with double swept back spreaders, and an anodized aluminum boom. She is set up for performance cruising and with additional race gear would be very competitive for racing. Harken hardware, an oversized halyard winch, rigid boom vang and cockpit led lines are some of the features that make this boat a top performer under all conditions. The roller furling genoa, single line reefing main and lines being led to the cockpit.
- 9/10 Rig with keel step.
- Anchor and steaming lights.
- Rigid boom vang with tackle led back to cockpit.
- Facnor Genoa furler with removable drum.
- Harken backstay tensioner
- Running rigging in pre-stretched textile including low stretch main and genoa halyards, boom topping lift, main & genoa sheets, reef lines and furling line
- Mainsail, fully battened, with logo in high tenacity cloth, with two broad reef bands and lazy jack/bag system
- Navy blue mainsail cover
- Special bi-radial roller furling genoa with Anti UV protection.
- Genoa with UV protection on roller furling (never used)
- 48.2 halyard winch
- Harken hardware for rigging
- Harken adjustable genoa cars
- 6 Fenders
- 4 Dock lines
- Anchor rode
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit
- Magnetic compass in cockpit
Great opportunity to purchase a virtually new quality Dufour 44 that has only been used for display and boat shows. She is available fully commissioned with a package of cruising options and Arpege extras. The yacht comes with warranties and full commissioning at a very attractive brokerage price. This brand new quality Dufour 44 is available for viewing in Fort Lauderdale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.